12, 08, 2016
This past Sunday I celebrated my 25th birthday (yay me!). I celebrated my birthday in a real chill way: date night with bae and some fun with the bestie. As I was reflecting on my 25 years on this Earth I realized that I’m definitely still figuring out life, but I can comfortably say that I’ve grown into myself and learned a lot along the way. So I though it was only right to do the very cliche post on the 25 lessons I’ve learned.
1. Rely on God for love, acceptance and validation.
2. Pray first, not as a last resort, and pray big prayers because God can literally do anything.
3. God always comes through. ALWAYS. There will never be a moment when he leaves you hanging. Even when it seems like He left me, it’s all part of the bigger, better plan.
4. A relationship with Christ is a journey. There are mistakes and sacrifices, but He guides you through it all.
[Read: 12 Bible Verses for Tough Times]
5. Research! Research! Research! Many ventures fail before they even start because people don’t do their research. (*Bonus* There is life and valuable information beyond the first page of Google.)
6. Building relationships is a major key (DJ Khaled voice). The race to the top is not run alone.
7. Working 24/7 is not practical or healthy; you have to rest. And you have to fully unplug in order to fully recharge.
8. Ask questions if you’re unsure. Thorough work is worth it.
9. Getting hurt happened, but staying in a place of hurt and unforgiveness is a decision. Be open to God’s healing.
10. You have to be intentional about relationships; long lasting ones don’t just happen.
11. Love is a choice, and a choice you have to make daily.
12. When you build walls you keep out the hurt, but you also keep yourself from giving and receiving love.
13. Life is wasted if you’re only concerned about yourself. Give to someone, help someone, care about someone other than yourself.
14. Heartbreak hurts…like really bad. But it gets better. There will be a time when you’ve moved on and don’t care anymore.
15. Guys are great, but they shouldn’t be your everything. No one should.
16. You can have more than one best friend ( this was really news to me lol).
17. The things that you say and believe about yourself have a tremendous effect on the person you become.
19. Stop making excuses for why you can’t have fun. Live!
20. There’s no way to grow without being uncomfortable.
21. You’re a role model whether you like it or not. There are people that look up to you; use your influence wisely.
22. Create an environment that makes people comfortable to talk to you. You can’t lead a group of people when you are unaware of their needs.
23. Drink lots of water, your skin and body will love you and treat you well when you do.
25. Makeup is fun, but make sure you learn to love yourself au naturale.